Secret Neighbor (Game)
Secret Neighbor is the multiplayer spin-off of Hello Neighbor, developed by Hologryph and published by tinyBuild GAMES. The game involves a group of six children trying to break into the basement of the Neighbor's house. Unbeknownst to them, one of the kids is the Neighbor in disguise. The children have to collect up to 6 keys to unlock the basement door, while the Neighbor must lure and capture all of the children. The game was released on October 24th, 2019, and is still being updated to this day.
Below are tabs, Allowing you to quickly visit specifics on the game.
Secret Neighbor is a multiplayer Social Horror game set in the Hello Neighbor universe. A group of kids tries to sneak into their creepy Neighbor's house. Events of the game take place between Act 1 and 2 of the original Hello Neighbor game. 6 players sneak into the house, trying to get into the locked basement door -- only to realize one of them is the Neighbor in disguise.
Identifying who's a Child and who's the Neighbor
- Throwing enough items at a player brings them to their knees and crawl. In this state, what the other players can do to this downed player reveals who they are. If the downed player is the Neighbor, they have 2 choices, give up or not. If they give up, you will see that they disappear and turn into The Thing dissolving. The downed child can still be helped up. If the downed child is not the Neighbor, they can get up themselves or get helped by someone else.
- If you see a person interacting with one of the bookshelves, you automatically know that the person who entered the room is the Neighbor, as other children cannot interact with it.
- You can hear an odd sound when the Neighbor transforms. Try to figure out where the sound came from. If a player is near the place you heard the sound from, they may, or may not be the Neighbor.
(NOTE: The transform sound's volume and distance has been reduced and can sometimes only be heard when you're very close to the Neighbor.)
- If 2 players have the same name and appearance, then one of them is the Neighbor in disguise. Through voice chat, you can figure out who the actual child is.
Golden Apple Coupons are the Paid / Free Currency of Secret Neighbor, They can be purchased in sets, or earned from Daily Challenges or by levelling up your Characters!
Golden Apple Coins are the Free Currency of Secret Neighbor, They can be collected in-game, gotten in bulk by completing matches, or by also levelling up your Characters!
XP is earned by completing Quick Game matches, and allows you to unlock unearned cosmetics for your characters, as well as coins, tickets, and XP Tokens! XP Tokens can be used to unlock Talents for your characters, Allowing them to excel higher in certain things, such as jumping higher, running faster, or withstanding more damage!
Upon levelling up a certain amount of times, you will increase your Account Level, which gives you a hefty sum of Coins and Coupons, there is a max account level though, so get grinding!
Every Class in the game has a Mastery Reward for reaching Level 50 with their respective character, below will be a gallery of all of them!
- There is an easter egg where if all the players (The Neighbor too) flip the numbered switches at the same time the lights will go out followed by the Weather Station showing up along with a storm that kills everyone, and instead of the screen saying "missing" it will just display a "?" mark.
- According to tinyBuild (from the reveal video), This takes place in between acts 1 and 2 when Nicky is in the basement. However, it is important to note the "canon" ending to this (if this game really is canon at all) is that all the kids were "missing" (Since Aaron Peterson is shown saving Nicky in act 2 through the keyhole).
- It has officially been confirmed that it is Nicky who is in the basement.
- The basement door has 6 locks on it in total. The colors of the locks correspond with the color of the keys required to open them (Red, Yellow, and Blue). The colors are randomized every game.
- There used to be green keys and locks in the pre-alpha of Secret Neighbor.
- If the Neighbor is holding a child and is standing in front of a door and gets stunned, the Neighbor will drop the child behind the door. This was only functional in the Alphas though.
- Because of this, if the door in question is the basement door, then once the Neighbor is stunned, the child will be behind the door and the game will count this as the children breaking into the basement and therefore winning. But, since this got patched it won't be able to work anymore.
- Prior to the Christmas Alpha, when the Neighbor grabbed a child, he would hold them in both hands, and the child would burst into a bunch of missing posters after a few seconds, indicating a successful capture. As of the Christmas update, when the Neighbor catches a child, he holds them in his right hand, and the child screams for help while having a terrified facial expression. They then turn into a mannequin before bursting into missing posters. After children get captured, they will leave shoes on the floor with a missing poster beside it, indicating that someone right there had been caught.
- In the Pre-Alpha, kids didn't actually burst into missing posters. They were instead dropped on the floor, meaning that all that was left of them was just a lifeless body and not a couple of shoes with a missing poster. In the full game, Patch 8 was released and it included different sounds for when each class got caught.
- When a downed Neighbor is killed, he turns into The Thing before dissolving and respawn into his security room.
- The Neighbor's house theme usually changes when there's a specific holiday. The Christmas update made everything outside covered in snow, they replaced most of the boxes with presents and changed the wallpapers around the house, but most notably, the Christmas tree and the fireplace in the main room.
- Prior to the Christmas Alpha, downed players could only be killed, and the death animation would reveal if they were a child or the Neighbor (Missing posters if they were a child, and The Thing if they are the Neighbor). After the Christmas Alpha, you can now help up anyone who is downed, but after a certain amount of time they help themselves up.