Hello Neighbor Wiki:Wiki Staff
| THIS PAGE IS AN OFFICIAL PAGE|
To edit this page, you must be a Staff Member or have the equivalent set of permissions.
Different users on the Hello Neighbor Wiki have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, some users can access a few additional functions.
If you would like to become a staff member on the wiki, please visit Staff Applications.
Bureaucrats are Administrators with additional functions. They have the ability to promote users to Content Moderators and Administrators as well as appointing new Bureaucrats. While they cannot directly remove another user's Bureaucrat status, they can remove their own. Bureaucrats have the final decision on any circumstance.
Administrators are trusted users who have access to the following rights:
- All Content Moderator, Rollback and Thread Moderator privileges.
- Block users from editing and other actions.
- Make users Rollbacks and Thread Moderators.
- Edit the wiki's theme and design.
- Edit MediaWiki pages.
Content Moderators are users who have additional tools available to moderate specific parts of the wiki. These tools are:
- All Rollback and Thread Moderator privileges.
- Deleting and moving protected pages
- Deleting and moving files
- Undeleting pages and files
- Re-uploading files
- Protecting and unprotecting pages
- Patrol pages
Rollbacks are users who can undo vandalism or bad edits with one click: by using the [rollback] button on a page's history, a user's contributions page, or the list of recent changes.
Thread Moderators are users who have additional tools available to manage conversations in various features across the wiki where users are having discussions. These tools are:
- Removing and restoring threads and replies by any user
- Closing and reopening replies
- Manage Discussions categories, and move posts from one category to another
- Deleting blog comments
- Editing and deleting article comments
- Moderating the Discussions feature
The Wiki Representative is part-time staff member assigned to support the wiki's community and help it grow and thrive, as well as serving as a liaison with a direct line of contact to full-time Fandom staff.